Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thrift Store Thursday

 

     It is that time again for Thrift Store Thursday over at HomebodyHolly. Make sure you check out all of the great deals that people picked up this week for pennies.




 

 

I only got a couple of things at Goodwill this week, but stick around, I did get a great deal on fabric somewhere else………

First, was this great sign for $2. I love to laugh and do it often, so this was just meant for me.

 

Then there was this box, which needs some TLC…….

 

 

That top frame needs some repair, but look, you open it up and find a place to stash all sorts of things. (There was a set of matching coasters that came with it) Cost me $1.25.

The last things weren’t from the thrift store, but they sure are thrifty. A local department store, Gottschalks, is going out of business and they are selling everything, including the fixtures.

You know how at some higher end stores they have these gorgeous tablecloth like things that they drape over displays? Well they are selling those too and I picked up four in this heavy shiny silver fabric for a total of $16. There are more than 3 yards of fabric on each and I just can’t wait to start creating with them. (pillows, duvets, tablecloths, napkins, you name it!)

They are sort of hard to take pictures of so I hope that you get the idea. Just one dwarfs my round dining table.

Well, that was my week so far. I hope to hit a few more thrift stores before the weekend and get a few projects done.

Don’t forget to go and look at everyone’s Thrift Store Thursday finds and have a great time!

Thank you Holly

v23xinpt49

15 comments:

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Great finds!

Holly said...

That fabric is beautiful, and what a deal!
Thanks for joining TST :)

Holly said...

I just noticed that your blog is pretty new...welcome!

Carrie said...

Great thrifty shopping...you spotted all bargains!

Unknown said...

Great finds! The fabric is really pretty!

Thanks for sharing!

Tina

Tracy said...

Wow...great finds. That fabric is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us. = )

Gwen said...

Thanks you all for gicing my humble blog a look. I love the fabric too. My problem is going to be deciding how to use it.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hi, Gwen, thank you for stopping by. And a big welcome to blogging. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have and please come back to see me again.

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Thanks for stopping by. I know you will make something wonderful with your finds. You have such great ideas. Love your blog background.

Traci @ The Bakery said...

Gwen, thanks for stopping by my blog and looking at the lamp. Unfortunately I accidently hit reject on your comment....and I have no idea how to get it back...so sorry!! I tried hitting the publish several times and it wouldn't bring back your beautiful comment...please know that you are welcome to comment anytime....so sorry.

I love thrifty finds....beautiful fabric!!!

Anonymous said...

You got some great bargains there Gwen. I love the fabric.

Brenda Pruitt said...

You got some good stuff. It seems every time I go to GW I seem to find a bunch of junk. Then I look online and see all this neat stuff others got. Oh well, I shopped at Ross today and got some real bargains. Have fun with that box!
Brenda

Gwen said...

Brenda, I usually find junk and/or outrageous prices. Like you, I see so much great stuff online that I have started to try and dig a little deeper.

Dawn said...

You got me with the photo of Murphy Grace. I've also been thinking about visiting a Habitat ReStore about an hour away. After seeing that medalion I'm sure I want to now.
I've only been blogging a short time, welcome to the party!
Dawn

Gwen said...

If only Murphy Grace was as angelic and regal as the picture shows.....

I can't wait to post how the medallion turned out after I painted it. I am just waiting for the lacquer to dry.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin