Friday, June 12, 2009

The grocery store is a great frugal decorating source!

You read that right and I am deadly serious. Make friends with your grocery store people, especially the people in the back. Just think about some of the cool display stands that they have that only get used for a bit and then it is out to the dumpster.

Some of the things that I have picked up for nothing……





A great potting bench.





See that metal pot? That is actually a tamale cooking thing. I don't know the first thing about making tamales, but I looked at this and thought PLANTER!




I needed some sort of shelving for my garage. Did I mention FREE and totally functional?



I also don’t have a picture yet, but have two small scale bakers racks that I love.





My latest find is this……There are actually two of them and they are a beautiful wood under that Kashi label. This is a work in progress and I will share later. (little hint, art for the wall)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin