Sunday, June 7, 2009

My thoughts on decorating….

Your home is an extension of you and your family. Let is speak of you, to you, tell your story and allow that story to change and grow as you do. It is a statement of where you have been and where you are going and all of the fun that you have had in between. Let it sing!


There are no rules. There are no wrong answers or ideas and just about everything can be redone if your ideas don’t work out. Have fun with it!

My goals with this blog…

*Inspire creativity in others and that “I can do it!” attitude.
*Foster the ideas of REusing, REcreating, REpurposing & REcycling.
*Show that renters can have nice fluffy nests, just like homeowners.
*Help all of us realize that nothing is set in stone in decorating. Just like you are always maturing and exploring, your home decorating can be flexible and ever changing.
*To get readers not just to see a piece for what it is, but what it could be.
*Decorating doesn't have to be expensive.
*Being frugal, creative and crafty is never a crime.

In short, I want you to think outside the box with me. It can be hard at first to see a buffet as a media console, for example, but live with it for a bit. You will love it!

And…..I do all of this on a shoestring budget. Some may call me cheap, others frugal, but I like to think that I don’t let price stand in my way when I am decorating. If I want a look that is over my budget- I get creative with materials, paint, fabric, you name it. The other thing that I have is patience. Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither was my home.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin