Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Goodbye Funky Yellow Frame

I came across a frame for 50 cents the other day that I knew had my name on it. It has a vintagey tin ceiling look and I have just the place for it.


The only problem was the color. I know that it is Spring and almost Summer, but I am so over yellow. The colors in my home are nothing like this, we are talking black, deep barn reds, rich chocolate browns, etc. There are no pastels allowed here.

In comes my favorite Delta acrylic paint color, Barn Red. With a little help of a rag and some thick silver oil paint for a sheen, this is my new frame.




Now, I just have to decide on a picture.......







Bookmark and Share

1 comment:

Controlling My Chaos said...

I love what you did with this. I think we have a lot of the same colors in our homes, except that I also have yellow, but it is more of a deep mustardy yellow, not the pastel yellow.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin