Dawn and Sunny, from Cottage State of Mind was sweet enough to give my little starter blog an award and I can’t tell you how great that made me feel! (well, I can try….there were fake cart wheels, excited giggles and touchdown dances involved)
HERE ARE THE RULES:
First you must tell your readers five about yourself that they may not already know, but are true.
Second you must tag ten people with the award.
Third, you must let the people know you have given them this award.
And finally, link back to the person who gave the award to you.
Five things is tough, but here goes-
1. I work from home as a ChaCha guide. What is ChaCha you ask? ChaCha is a SMS (text) service where people send their questions into 242242 and I am one of the people at the other end that send the answers back to their phone. The questions range from “What time is Up playing at the theatre in Cedar, TX?” to “Who played first base for the Dodgers in 1980?” It is a fun job and I learn a lot.
2. When Mr. M and I moved in together, this is what our furniture consisted of ……
Seriously, we had no furniture, so we bought these lawn chairs at Long’s drugstore.
3. The above picture, while embarrassing, led to me winning a huge Crate and Barrel makeover on Gather.com. It looks much better now. (and we have moved, so it looks very different!)
4. I have always been ready to paint anything that doesn’t move, but I had never tried spray painting until I started blogging. I think that I am addicted now.
5. While Mr. M and I aren’t married, yet, I consider his three kids my wonderful friends and step kids. The funny thing about that is that his oldest is married with kids of his own, so in my 30’s I am a grandmother. (I still have problems typing that!)
Now, I haven’t been at this blogging for long, but there are some people that have totally inspired me. I also wanted to find some people that Dawn didn’t already have on her blog list!
Brenda at Cozy Little House is a fav because she finds the neatest treasures and she always has a healthy dose of red, just like me!
Christy at Embellished Bayou because her frames are just the sort of funky traditional that I can never find.
Andy at Poppies at Play because I love everything that she does and being from California, I am partial to our state flower, Poppies!
Whew, I am worn out by by all of this happy news. I need to do what Murphy Grace is doing right now….taking a nap. I promise that I won’t snore like he is though!
Thank you Dawn, you gave me just the push that I needed to keep this up!