Friday, April 16, 2010

Never Trust A Man to Pick Out A House!

 

Not too long ago I mentioned that I had never seen the inside of this house we are moving to. Many of the comments told me that I was brave and that I must have complete trust in my buddy Art.

I blindly responded to almost all of you that I did trust him, the house looked great from the outside and that he knows what I like, so it will be fine.

SMACK.ME. If I ever fall to such naive lows ever again.

Here is our new cottage

Cute, right? Now, think of the words you think of when you think cute….words small, tiny, miniature, etc. No where near cute do the words spacious, rambling, open floor plan, etc come to mind. Right?

Can you see where this is going?

I finally got to see the new pad on Monday and have been in a bit of a shocky state ever since. I am not sure if my couch is going to fit and the idea of a coffee table is a pipe dream. The closets are those narrow ones that are more like the hall closets of yore.

The kitchen? Well, it isn’t too bad, but it is going to need some serious decorating to make it look less like a galley.

Don’t you love those peel ‘n stick tiles? My mantra all week has been, “At least there will be less to clean.”

My favorite part of the new house is the back yard. There is a seasonal creek that runs behind the house, sort of a ravine and it is a beautiful jungle of plants and trees.

That is the view from my bedroom window. I know some may not like that jungle, but I love it. Jungles mean no cars or people and just letting nature do what she does. It is calming and inspiring to me at the same time.

So, the house is compact, but the yard is uplifting. I can live with that. I sure won’t be signing my name on the dotted line again without seeing a house for myself, but it could have been much worse.

The big move is happening Monday. I can’t wait until it is over!

1 comment:

Amanda C. from the middle of nowhere said...

I like your house...even the tile! I'm very jealous of your backyard. I've always wanted to have a brook or river or creek. The road I live on is creekside road...but there's not a creek anywhere near here. I hope you're feeling at home. May your boxes be unpacked soon!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin